compensation: Wage 13+ DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Collections Specialist, Will negotiate repayment plans with delinquent members for a local Credit Union.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Make daily outgoing collection phone calls to members 10 days delinquent and greater. Phone calls and letters are to be made and mailed out daily. This includes consumer loans, VISA credit card loans, VISA HELOC loans and negative share accounts.
* Maintain detailed written record of all communications made regarding the delinquencies.
* Review negative accounts and assist with collections of negative shares. Work with other staff to determine action to be taken with negative shares. Send out any correspondence needed. Post G/L entries needed in this area.
* Prepares information to be sent to outside collection agencies.
* Maintain working knowledge of activities in collection department to assist members and staff.
* Cross-sell credit union services when appropriate.
* Perform skip tracing activity to locate collateral and delinquent members.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Develop a working knowledge of the credit union’s data processing system.
* Develop an understanding of credit union organization, bylaws, operational procedures, policies and collection rules and regulations, including the Oregon Unlawful Collection Practices legislation.
* Strong computer skills.
* Able to work on multiple items at a time.
* Ability to write and speak clearly.
* Good organizational skills with documents and filing.
* Interest in the welfare of people.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to deal with angry, emotional people in an effective and business-like way.
* Collection experience a plus if not call center or extensive customer service in a financial institution required.
Employee Benefits After Perm Hire:
* Paid health coverage for employee
* 401 K with up to 5% match
* Bonus plan based on active learning, community service and gross sales
Hours 8am-5pm Monday- Thursday, 8am-6pm Friday
Temp to Hire
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers