QR Code Link to This Post
Greek House Chefs is looking to recruit chefs for its elite Blue Coat Army. We are a rapidly growing food service company seeking confident, professional, and welcoming chefs who want to start to make a difference within the industry.
Are you creative, independent and considered a leader?
Do you find yourself pushing for more freedom, experiences and a sense of community?
Have you been searching for a family friendly schedule, 5 weeks paid vacation and a sense of personal security?
Unlike other similar food service companies, Greek House Chefs is known in the industry to have the most generous food budgets. You’ll be armed with plenty of gear, advanced technical resources, and a Management team above all others, so you will have all the tools you need to succeed. Our extensive Management support system is always available should you need help with a recipe, need help with a tailgate, or have a question about service.
- EXECUTIVE CHEF POSITION DESCRIPTION -
As an Executive Chef for Greek House Chefs, you will be expected to produce healthy, scratch-made food while maintaining friendly interactions with our clients on a daily basis. Have a results-orientated approach in creation of menus, maintain and submit budgets in a timely manner, all while communicating well with multiple service vendors.
Executive Chefs will be responsible for facilitating the day-to day operations of an on-site commercial kitchen. This position will require the individual to collaborate with our clients to create a balanced and creative menu, place product and supply orders through various vendors, source local produce, coordinate events, and design cost effective meals from scratch.
- JOB DUTIES –
• Must have Serv Safe certification upon employment. If you don’t currently hold a certification, you will need to be enrolled in the earliest upcoming class. Company will pay for class if necessary.
• Collaborate with client and utilize various resources to make a creative and balanced weekly menu adhering to dietary restrictions (if applicable)
• Prepare delicious from-scratch meals, served in a timely manner.
• Typical work week is 45-50 hours throughout the school year. (Initial on-boarding and training will require additional hours than a typical work week schedule)
• Must have open availability for scheduling depending on chapter contract.
• Occasional late nights and/or weekends depending on account meal schedule
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs while in the workplace.
• Must have access to a smart phone for use of the company’s proprietary app used daily by our staff and clients.
• Timely submission of weekly menus while working ahead.
• You will be required to work 3 special events per semester that could fall on a night or weekend, depending on chapter contract. As the Executive Chef, you will plan these events in accordance with the house’s specifications.
• Ensure the overall relationship with the account is positive and in good standing at all times.
• Interact daily with students/clients providing excellent customer service
• Maintain product and supply inventory
• Maintain a weekly established budget
- BENEFITS -
• 5 weeks paid vacation
• Minimal late nights and some weekends
• Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Generously competitive salary compared to the rest of the Greek Life food service industry.
• Comprehensive healthcare benefits from United Healthcare, provided through Greek House Chefs available to all employees.
• Dental benefits also available
• 401K package available
• On-going support from Campus Managers, Account Managers and Executive team.
• Peer-to-peer company supported connections and resources to the entire Blue Coat Army
• Service, Value, and Performance based incentives
• Promotions available from within
• Paid training
• Chef coats provided
For an insider look at our unique company and what we do, check out our website at www.greekhousechefs.com
To hear from some of our employees, check out our Employee Testimonial video at www.greekhousechefs.com/careers