The individual must demonstrate "mechanical aptitude" and be capable of making running adjustments on baggers, metal detectors, tapers, conveyors, etc throughout the Packaging Room. Must be able to read P.I., calculate time of production runs, fill out Line Operator Report, and other associated paperwork. Under direction of Packaging Shift Supervisor, is responsible for keeping the line(s) operating efficiently with minimal downtime due to packaging equipment difficulties. The line is from the dump system through the stacking area. Must interact positively with other team members on the line to get the job done right.
Must be physically able to perform all related jobs in the work area. Must be physically able to lift up to 70 pounds.
Under direction of Packaging Line Operator:
1. Able to set up, activate and shut-down all repack production lines.
2. Able to make all normal operating adjustments - i.e. weights, seals, codes, etc.
3. Responsible for production line running at full capacity for product and package being produced.
4. Ask dry supplies, production driver, and Shift Supervisor for correct packaging supplies (labels, cartons, cases, tape) at the line as needed.
5. Check that correct products are in the line.
6. Assist so that changeovers and washdowns are complete with a minimum of downtime.
7. Must ensure that all machinery is functioning from the bin dumps to the robot and be able to communicate to the Supervisor or Lead Operator of any issues.
8. At least once every half hour check the backseams, and endseams for correct seal, that codes on bags and cases are correct and legible, and that cases are properly taped.
9. Report all serious breakdowns and probable cause to lead Line Operator and/or Shift Supervisor.
10. Perform routine inspections of line; report any mechanical discrepancies to Lead Line Operator and/or Shift Supervisor.
11. Assist when repairing or overhauling machinery as necessary.
12. Follow all paperwork procedures, poly and case documentation, down time, production numbers. Need to keep track of production and be able to give supervisor your production numbers during the production run.
13. Must be able to read and understand PI information and know when changeovers are taking place and be able to inform crew and prepare line for changeovers.
14. Ensure safe line operation at all times.
15. May be required to paint.
16. Will be required to take and pass forklift test and be able to operate a forklift when needed..
17. Some tools will be required when first starting however tools can be provided by National Frozen Foods however they will be the property of National and your responsibility.
18. Must be able to work any shift.
19. Must be able to work additional shift hours and weekends as needed.
20. Must work cooperatively with Shift Supervisor, packaging mechanic, and all fellow employees.
21. Practice good housekeeping at all times.
22. Report all safety hazards to the Shift Supervisor and Packaging Line Operator.
23. Must obey all safety, health, sanitation, and plant rules and procedures.
24. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Strength - Lift 70 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 55 lbs.
2. Stand/ Walk / Sit - Stand, walk, and or sit a maximum of 3 hours prior to each break period.
3. Climb / Balance - Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and the like using feet and legs and or hand and arms. Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow or slippery surfaces.
4. Stoop -- Bend the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist.
5. Kneel - Bend the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees.
6. Crouch - Bend the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine.
7. Crawl - Move about on the hands and knees or hands and feet.
8. Reach - Extend both hands and arms in any direction.
9. Handle - Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with the hand or hands.
10. See - Obtain impressions through the eyes of the shape, size, distance, motion, color, or other characteristics of objects.
11. Twist/Turn - Able to turn/twist trunk of body from side to side.
12. Talk - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities