Looking to support a charitable cause in Benton and Linn counties while furthering your fundraising career? Join our team today! At ABC House, we work to break the cycle of child abuse and neglect, supporting children as they find their voice and helping children and families heal and thrive.
We are currently accepting applications for an energetic and detail-oriented Development Assistant to join our development staff. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Assistant's major responsibilities will include: administrative support for our fundraising and community outreach, social media management, gifts processing and donor acknowledgments, and other behind-the-scenes support.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, maintain and update donor and donor prospect records
• Manage gifts processing and acknowledgement letters
• Create and maintain "moves management" reports to track progress of capital campaign prospects
• Produce regularly printed and electronic newsletters and E-blasts
• Maintain and update ABC House and Runaway Pumpkin websites
• Help create and post relevant and timely information on social media
• Assist with grant monitoring and reporting
• Arrange meetings and tours for donors, board members, and staff
• Support committee work with meeting notices, agendas, and minutes
• Assist staff and volunteers on special events including invitations, registration, and event logistics
• Other duties as assigned and needed by the organization
Skills required include but are not limited to:
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to interact effectively with donors, board members and staff
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and self-direction
• Proficiency with computer skills in basic office software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to quickly learn function-specific software
• Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit professionalism
• One (1) to three (3) years of development or non-profit experience preferred
• Must possess valid Oregon driver's license and have means to own transportation
• Must pass a background screening
ABC House is an equal opportunity employer committed to respectful, quality care to children and their non offending family members from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and non traditional family forms. ABC House is a drug free work place.
Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
Starting wage will be based on experience. Generous benefit package offered, including 100% employer-paid health insurance for the employee.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references to HR @abchouse.org and include "Development Assistant" in the subject line.
Review of resumes will begin on Friday, July 13 and the position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers