Junction City/Harrisburg/Monroe(JCHM) Habitat for Humanity seeks a full time Volunteer Coordinator to organize all aspects of the organization's volunteer program. Established in 1994, JCHM Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization that partners with the community to build simple, decent, affordable housing. To date JCHM Habitat for Humanity has built 22 homes.
Job Description: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, coordinating, and retaining all JCHM habitat volunteers, including construction volunteers, ReStore volunteers, and office volunteers. The Volunteer coordinator works closely with management to ensure that all volunteers have a safe and productive experience while working towards the JCHM Habitat mission and purpose. The Volunteer Coordinator engages with the public daily, and serves as a public face and voice of the JCHM habitat.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
• Develop materials and methods for recruiting, coordinating, and retaining volunteers within all aspects of the JCHM habitat work.
• Work closely with the management to ensure understanding of the tasks and properly assign jobs to volunteers based on skills and interest.
• Create and maintain systems for tracking and coordinating volunteers.
• Communicate ongoing volunteer needs through print, online, and in-person channels, including public speaking opportunities at local clubs/churches/organizations.
• Assist volunteers with sign in/sign out procedures on the build sites as needed.
• Organize lunch, snacks, drinks, etc. for build site volunteers as needed.
• Coordinate involvement in trade shows, volunteer fairs, community events, etc.
• Coordinate periodic volunteer recognition events.
• Coordinate articles to the affiliate's 2x/year newsletter.
• Present monthly reports to Executive Director and Board.
• Ensure the volunteer experience is at its best and communicate any needed changes/improvements to the Executive Director and Board as soon as possible.
• Highly organized
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Flexible, able to prioritize task in a dynamic work environment.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Publisher, Donor Snap,) and familiarity with online media channels (Web site, Facebook)
• Professional demeanor to represent Habitat for Humanity brand
• Experience working with diverse and underserved populations.
• Have own vehicle, possess valid driver's license and carry current auto liability insurance.
• Ability to pass post-offer criminal/character background check and drug screen.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 2+ years nonprofit work experience, ideally in volunteer management and/or event coordinator.
• Spanish proficiency a plus.
Job type: Full time, hourly, 40hours a week (typically Tuesday-Saturday occasional other hours as needed), Non-Exempt.
$14.00 / hourly
Benefits:10 Paid holidays, Vacation
This Job will remain open until April 10, 2018 at 5 pm. Please include resume, cover letter, 2 professional, and 1 personal references. JCHM Habitat for Humanity is an equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers