duplex w/d in unit no smoking off-street parking private bath private room wheelchair accessible
QR Code Link to This Post
The Arc Benton’s Access Corvallis program provides affordable community-based housing in Corvallis for people who experience intellectual and/or developmental disabilities who can live independently with minor supports. The Resident Assistant position is a housing opportunity for someone who is working in the field of serving people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, or who is training to do so. It creates a fully integrated and inclusive environment that can be enriching to all tenants.
Available: 1 private downstairs bedroom and bathroom
The Resident Assistant (RA) will pay $325 per month with a $150 security deposit and fulfill the following duties:
- Create and maintain goodwill with the other tenant(s) through regular communication;
- Participate in meetings with tenants/landlord/ and support staff or family members;
- Collaboratively develop, follow and enforce a Housekeeping Schedule for the home;
- Follow all laws and create a safe and respectable home atmosphere;
- Ensure that utility expenses are fairly shared and services are maintained;
- Communicate with tenant’s support staff and The Arc about relevant concerns and successes;
- Report needed repairs in the home to The Arc Executive Director;
- Help other tenants prepare the home for bi-annual inspections;
- Uphold the Tenant Agreement (Lease) with exemplary behavior and positive approaches.
The above required tasks are estimated to take approximately 1-2 hours per week, in addition to normal household duties as a tenant.
The RA will NOT be acting as support staff to the other tenant(s). Responsibilities are strictly related to peaceful relations among tenants and the enforcement of mutually established household standards. The RA will have his/her own bedroom and bathroom. The RA will answer to the Executive Director of The Arc and will sign a one-year lease/tenant agreement.
Available is 1 downstairs bedroom and private bath in a 3-bedroom/2 bath two-story duplex, plus common kitchen, dining, living and outdoor areas. Some furniture is available. Utilities are tenant's responsibility. Internet will most likely be shared. There is currently no cable service to the home. There is currently one female tenant renting the other 2 bedrooms which are upstairs.
Smoking and the use of marijuana are not allowed anywhere on the property. There is one off-street parking space, plus street parking.
There will be a thorough screening process to select the right tenant for this position. Personal and housing references will be required. The prospective RA must pass a criminal background check.
The room will be available around July 11, but screening will begin right away.
For a free application and to ask questions about the Resident Assistant position, use Craigslist email relay.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers